In Truth, Are Nigerians Cannibals?

 In Truth, Are Nigerians Cannibals?


My Freetown Experience (I)


By: Oriaifoh Godwins


Nigerians eat human beings, they are cannibals, they are fetish, yes they engage in human sacrifices; of course, they are cultists, always thirsty for human blood….and the horrible stories about Nigerians goes on and on in Freetown, the capital of Seirra Leone.


My wife, a Seirra Leonean, who have lived in Nigeria for close to twenty years now, was filled with amusement on hearing what some of her folks in Freetown are saying about Nigeria.


In view of the above prejudice about Nigerians however, I find it extremely difficult to blame Seirra Leoneans, especially bearing in mind that several Nigeria home videos that support their claims, are found everywhere in the streets of Freetown.


I find it difficult to blame sierra Leoneans especially going by the fact that Seirra Leone is a very peaceful country with simple, amiable and fun loving people. It is very difficult for such people to believe otherwise, especially after watching horrible home videos about Nigerians acted by Nigerians. 


Again, some of the horrible stories that are reported in the social media, are not helping matters either.


In addition to the above, one of my in-laws, of the Fobay tribe, who lived in Nigeria for over five decades, whose daughter is married to a Benin man, in the course of my chat with a group of them, said the Beni tribe of Edo state, are  highly fetish people. She narrated her experience to this effect. My response? I was all ears; who am I to argue with her especially as it was her experience.


In spite of the above however, I will like to announce to the entire world, Seirra Leoneans and non Seirra Leoneans alike, that the payment of  $25 is not negotiable when you are entering  Sierra Leone through Lungi International Airport. You must pay it at the Airport when you are entering or exiting from the county through the airport. It is called "Security fee”.


Watch out for the story surrounding the payment of $25 at Lungi Airport, in “My Freetown Experience (II)”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post